December 12, 2014

Medical Mission: Kenya

 During Medical School I took my first Medical Mission trip. As a student, I wasn't of much use but knew this was something I'd be involved with in the future. As an OB/GYN resident physician, I was able to travel to Kenya with KenayRelief.org to work at the clinic they built and provide medical and surgical care with a team of American physicians, nurses, and CRNAs. It was truly an amazing and life-altering experience to take part in the work and service KenyaRelief.org provides to the people. So amazing that I went back a few months later! Only this time, in addition to the medical supplies and equipment donated, I went equipped with donated surgical caps from Kimkaps!! The Kenyans working in the clinic loved them, and in an area where everything is donated, even a disposable surgical cap is of value, so having the reusable, donated caps was a tremendous help!